Supporting the highest blood donor shortage since COVID-19 hit, Town Center at Cobb will hold an American Red Cross blood drive from Weds, June 9-Thurs, June 10 from 12-5 p.m.
Blood donations provide patients with necessary, life-saving treatment. According to the American Red Cross:
- Someone needs blood every two seconds in the U.S.
- One in seven hospital patients need blood
- Just one pint of blood can save up to three lives
- Approximately 36,000 units of red blood cells are needed in the U.S. every day
- Approximately 38% of red blood cells are needed in the U.S. every day
- The American Red Cross supplies approximately 40% of the nation’s blood supply
WHERE: Town Center at Cobb – Upper Level JCPenney Wing
400 Ernest Barrett Pkwy
Kennesaw, GA 30144
WHEN: Weds, June 9-Thurs, June 10
HOW: Visit redcrossblood.org using sponsor code ‘tcac’ to schedule an appointment in advance. Donors receive a free gift while supplies last. Appointments are recommended but are not required.
The Red Cross is following FBA blood donation eligibility guidance for potential donors who have received a COVID-19 vaccination. To determine eligibility, donors that have received a vaccine should know the name of the manufacturer. To learn more, please visit redcrossblood.org.
For more information on these events, visit bit.ly/tcc-blood-drive.
Get Our Free E-Mail Newsletter!
Every Sunday we round up the week’s top headlines and preview the upcoming week in the East Cobb News Digest. Click here to sign up, and you’re good to go!